Go Away President Clinton
Friday, Rush Limbaugh attacked recent statements by Bill Clinton. The Former President compared today’s political climate to the one just before the 1995 Oklahoma City Bombing. Limbaugh concluded that Clinton’s remarks, “set the stage for violence in this country [and] any acts of future violence”.
Today, on ABC’s “This Week”, Former President Bill Clinton fired back;
“We shouldn’t demonize the government or its public employees or its elected officials. We can disagree with them. We can harshly criticize them. But when we turn them into an object of demonization, you know, you — you increase the number of threats.”
Former President Clinton’s decision to make these comments leads to a few questions;
- What did Clinton have to say when “Death of a President” was released in 2006?
- What did Clinton have to say when Jack Huberman’s book “The Bush Hater’s Handbook” was released in 2004?
- What did Clinton have to say when White House protesters called for President Bush’s death?
- What did Clinton have to say when Code Pink verbally eviscerated President Bush, calling for his arrest?
- What did Clinton have to say when your fellow New Yorkers compared Bush to Hitler and called for his death?
- What did Clinton have to say last month, when Code Pink attempted to arrest Karl Rove at a book signing just last month?
There in only one word that comes to mind; hypocrite.
Former President Clinton, it is time for you to go away. Statements like this make it clear that Former President has nothing to add to the current political discourse other than his highly partisan efforts to tarnish the image of Patriotic Americans who simply disagree with him on policy.
The Former President’s statements are not accidental, they are opportunistic. Clinton, along with former advisers (including Terry McAuliffe and James Carville) have been working on a strategy to turn the American people against the Tea Party movement since last February. Fact-less and baseless, the Mr. Clinton’s only intention is to embarrass, assail and demonize the Tea Party in order to marginalize them and silence there before the November elections. Much like the unverified claims of Tea Party racism.
The American People are smarter than that Mr. Clinton.
It is time for you to go away Former President Bill Clinton.